Go Back   Forum 4Tuning > Masini & Tuning > MASINA MEA > HONDA - ACURA > Masina mea Honda - Acura

Old 27-09-12, 00:33   #46
4cilinderlove

Stage 4

Default Re: '94 U.S. Civic EG (D15B7)

The meant that we often work on our cars in places like this
No renting or stuff like, freely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaaaaaaa.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	2563507  
4cilinderlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-12, 04:45   #47
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

Arrow Re: '94 U.S. Civic EG (D15B7)

Actualizați - UPDATE

9-24-12 - Turbo charging process officially started!

first step is that i took off the stock manifold

solved the age old question as to why hondas sound like bumble bees when you rail on them - LITERAL BEES!! LOL

AND thats it for now, sorry i'll have more soon, i ran into a problem: my manifold wont allow a/c to work!!

i pulled the turbo off the mani and no matter what way i spin it, the compressor side being on the driver side wont work because they hit each other, and if you flip it around there is no room for the down pipe!

so my turbocharging has grinded to a hault for the moment, at least with bolting up the hard annoying stuff, until i get this in the mail:

Go-AutoWorks Log style a/c Compatible manifold

i'm gonna work on some other stuff like wrapping my charge piping with heat reflective tape
Old 27-09-12, 04:46   #48
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cilinderlove View Post
The meant that we often work on our cars in places like this
No renting or stuff like, freely.
oh ok, problem though is that the car would need to be driveable and mine is not going to be until its totally done
Comandantul Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-12, 20:33   #49
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

UPDATE

turns out that the manifold i listed above is NOT going to work. I have however found a different one from CXRacing.com that WILL support a/c AND power steering (if i had it), is alot cheaper, AND doesn't have an external wastegate port that i will need to spend extra money just to block off.

Item Code: MF-D16-T3-CAST

The website is CXRacing.com, they have all kinds of stuff, and tons of turbo manifolds.

got my oil return line in, will have more pictures soon
Old 01-10-12, 04:37   #50
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

UPDATE

Got my oil feed line in, hooked some of it up but i need to wait to do the other fitting end until i get the manifold i need

closet + bin full of misc turbo stuff, full RSX rear leather seats, full black rear interior, etc waiting to be installed:

thats all for now, i'll update soon
Old 01-10-12, 15:37   #51
4cilinderlove

Stage 4

Frumos !
4cilinderlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 23:16   #52
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

Thumbs up Re: '94 U.S. Civic EG (D15B7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cilinderlove View Post
Frumos !
multumesc!

pics of intercooler piping soon, finished wrapping most of it with heat reflective tape
Old 11-10-12, 02:53   #53
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

FINALLY!!

THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!! (especially me for the past 10 years!! )

NEW manifold has arrived!!

the new manifold requires changing the middle 2 studs with smaller ones so that you can actually still bolt the thing down, so i had to use the double nut technique in order to get the old studs out:

new studs in

time for the main event!!

downpipe is not gonna be fun, VERY little clearance

more updates soon!!

Old 11-10-12, 07:58   #54
Nebunul_89

Stage 5

Member of:
[Honda]

Off with the AC!!!
Nebunul_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-12, 23:35   #55
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebunul_89 View Post
Off with the AC!!!
only temporarily until i get all the turbo crap hooked up, then its going back on!

removing a/c doesn't give you a ton of HP, all you have to do is turn it off and your good. the amount of lost HP due to how resisitive the belt is, is very small.

i want boost AND a/c! (its VERY hot in south florida all year long)
Old 12-10-12, 09:29   #56
Nebunul_89

Stage 5

Member of:
[Honda]

y don't you mount the turbo with the exhaust on the other side? i think you'l have a bit more clearance.. at least that's how i'm mounting mine

My CIVIC project...: https://forum.4tuning.ro/127-masina-m...-1-3-d13b.html

Dezmembrari: https://forum.4tuning.ro/477-anunturi...upe-sedan.html
Old 13-10-12, 02:09   #57
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

Quote:
y don't you mount the turbo with the exhaust on the other side? i think you'l have a bit more clearance.. at least that's how i'm mounting mine
because you can't keep a/c that way, the compressor is placed right where the a/c compressor is mounted and unless i have some insanely expensive manifold made or make one myself it wont work.

the only way to keep a/c is to mount the turbo the way i have it, and do a hard bend with the down pipe. i found out the reason why i have SO LITTLE of clearance is because the turbine housing is "extended" apparently.... i guess that means its just bigger than a standard T3 turbine housing. i'm going to have to try and make it work or replace the turbine housing with a smaller one. if that is even possible...

UPDATE: i was told that i cannot work on my own shit in the parking lot because everyone here in america is a fu#$ing a##hole that has to complain about what everyone else does but then acts like a victim when someone complains about them. =

so i called up my main romanian friend and what do you know, not only did he REFUSE to accept my monthly payment (that was my idea) but he said he would allow me to use his 2 car garage for free, AND he would go and clean it all up for me and refused to let me help him. my original idea was to go and clean it for him, and pay him a monthly fee to allow me to use his garage whenever i want to until my car is done. When everyone else fails you can always count on romanians.

i mean it too, i tried this once before and i called at least 15 people, ALL of them refused to help. the FIRST romanian i call not only agrees to do what i want, but then goes above and beyond. /end rant
Old 13-10-12, 02:43   #58
Nebunul_89

Stage 5

Member of:
[Honda]

I guess it depends on each and every one's character
Old 13-10-12, 03:32   #59
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

Quote:
I guess it depends on each and every one's character
yeah i'm just pissed right now cause i'm gonna have to undue a bunch of stuff in order to get the car over there and now i have a stripped bolt that connects the bearing chamber thingy in the middle to the turbine housing and i now basically will have to buy a new one in order to resolve this problem if i want to keep a/c!!!!
Old 13-10-12, 15:50   #60
Comandantul Shake

Stage 3

Cool Re: '94 U.S. Civic EG (D15B7)

UPDATE: new setup, going to mount the turbo the other way because there isn't enough clearance to fabricate a downpipe and because my turbo is the way it is, i plan on fabricating the condensing coil in front of the turbo in order to still keep a/c

no matter what i do, this is the way i want my turbo to be so its going to stay like this, i'm growing very impatient...

- Copyright 2024 4Tuning -