Go Back   Forum 4Tuning > Masini & Tuning > MASINA MEA > HONDA - ACURA > Masina mea Honda - Acura

Old 15-07-09, 23:28   #31
yulasinio
Honda Driver

Stage 5

Member of:
[4Tuning International]
[Honda]
Default Re: '98 - JDM-Spec Integra Type-R (DC2) - 2.0i-VTEC (K20A) - TIME ATTACK - NEW TOPIC

A iesit bine, cati metri ai folosit pana la urma?

P.S Ti-ai pus slick-uri pe fata

Ne auzim cand ma intorc
yulasinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 00:13   #32
Adriano98_R

Stage 3

Default Re: '98 - JDM-Spec Integra Type-R (DC2) - 2.0i-VTEC (K20A) - TIME ATTACK - NEW TOPIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulasinio View Post
A iesit bine, cati metri ai folosit pana la urma?

P.S Ti-ai pus slick-uri pe fata

Ne auzim cand ma intorc
Am folosit 22 de metri,

Ha ha iti plac?lol Da sint slickuri dar sunt duse le'am dat jos astazi,mi'am luat doua jenti Enkey cu Yokohama A048's/225's noi pentru pista

O sa fac comanda de la camskill pentru 2 hankooks for the road

Sounds good,vacanta placuta tlk then

Last edited by Adriano98_R; 16-07-09 at 00:23.
Adriano98_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 12:05   #33
U_TUNING

Stage 5

Member of:
[PARTICIPANT CURSE]
[A.C.S. Speedline Motorsport]
[Nissan]

Felicitari pentru masina si munca depusa la ea.....dar am si eu o singura intrebare .....Tu esti roman???
U_TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 13:15   #34
Adriano98_R

Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_TUNING View Post
Felicitari pentru masina si munca depusa la ea.....dar am si eu o singura intrebare .....Tu esti roman???

Multumesc,Lol da sant din Bucuresti m-am mutat in Irlanda cand aveam 11 ani
Old 17-07-09, 08:04   #35
U_TUNING

Stage 5

Member of:
[PARTICIPANT CURSE]
[A.C.S. Speedline Motorsport]
[Nissan]

Aha ca observ cu stupoare ca nu prea scrii in limba romana f bine!!!!!

Dar totusi incearca sa scrii in romana cat mai mult cu putinta pentru ca sunt unii de pe aici care poate nu stiu engleza......la fel si pentru Yuliasinio.......

Oricum un proiect atat de elaborat am mai vazut doar pe forumurile dedicate din UK....FELICITARI!!!!
Old 17-07-09, 16:02   #36
quick_5hifter

Stage 5

Member of:
[Moderators]
[Xtreme Club Emotion]
[DAEWOO]
[Toyota]
[Opel]

Scuze ca ma bag, dar:

Quote:
In schimb in engleza scrie destul de bine

Tocmai ti-a spus (din nou) ca de la 11 ani a fost nevoit sa vorbeasca alta limba.... pune-te in locul lui si probabil vei intelege de ce nu prea scrie bine in romana (de altfel, s-a si scuzat inca de la primul reply si a specificat ca va folosi unii termeni in engleza).

@adriano: congratulations for your car and for the huge effort to do the swap and the other stuff!
One question: couldn't you wrap each exhaust pipe separately? More heat-wrap tape would have been necessary and of course, more work to do, but the results might have been a little better. Perhaps you could take a picture of the actual wrapping - from a different viewing angle - so we can figure out how exactly did you do the transition from wrapping each pipe to wrapping two pipes together. Unless you first covered each pipe completely and after that, to avoid cutting the heat-wrap tape, you covered them again two by two together.
One personal opinion: that hood vent is not only ugly as hell, but its mounting is also crappy. I've noticed this while admiring the first set of pics on the first page. I don't think it would be very difficult or expensive to remove it, replace it or at least remount it.... unless you have greater plans about the hood
Good luck and congrats again! You have my vote for Honda of the month!
Old 19-07-09, 00:27   #37
Adriano98_R

Stage 3

Quote:

Dar totusi incearca sa scrii in romana cat mai mult cu putinta pentru ca sunt unii de pe aici care poate nu stiu engleza......la fel si pentru Yuliasinio.......

Oricum un proiect atat de elaborat am mai vazut doar pe forumurile dedicate din UK....FELICITARI!!!!

Lol, da o sa scriu in continuare nici o problema!

Mersi frumos

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick_5hifter

Tocmai ti-a spus (din nou) ca de la 11 ani a fost nevoit sa vorbeasca alta limba.... pune-te in locul lui si probabil vei intelege de ce nu prea scrie bine in romana (de altfel, s-a si scuzat inca de la primul reply si a specificat ca va folosi unii termeni in engleza).

@adriano: congratulations for your car and for the huge effort to do the swap and the other stuff!
One question: couldn't you wrap each exhaust pipe separately? More heat-wrap tape would have been necessary and of course, more work to do, but the results might have been a little better. Perhaps you could take a picture of the actual wrapping - from a different viewing angle - so we can figure out how exactly did you do the transition from wrapping each pipe to wrapping two pipes together. Unless you first covered each pipe completely and after that, to avoid cutting the heat-wrap tape, you covered them again two by two together.
One personal opinion: that hood vent is not only ugly as hell, but its mounting is also crappy. I've noticed this while admiring the first set of pics on the first page. I don't think it would be very difficult or expensive to remove it, replace it or at least remount it.... unless you have greater plans about the hood
Ha ha i'ld want to after being 16 years here,

Thanks very much,

To answer your question about the heatwrap, no its not possible with that particular manifold as the two sets of the branches are too close together to wrap them individually all the way so you can only wrap one to a certain extent,and then you have to wrap the next one down to the were the last one stopped and overlap the two as in wrap them together the rest of the way. The same is repeated for the next pair.That is the best result you will get it took me and another guy nearly 2 hours to do that.

About the bonnet as i say with everything it's up to the individuals taste and each to their own.Pesonally i love it and its quite an expensive bonnet (around 1000 euro new),the j's racing one is similar but with a more aggressive vent.And you 're right it can be adjusted a bit better but i just never got around to doing it it's on the to do list.

Cheers and thanks for the comments ,glad you're feeling the project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick_5hifter View Post
Scuze ca ma bag, dar:

P.S. When i agreed with you about the bonnet being able to be positioned a bit better i was reffering to the sides, but if you are talking about the top corners i raised them on purpose to allow heat to escape from the engine bay.

Last edited by Achim; 29-07-09 at 16:16.
Old 19-07-09, 18:54   #38
quick_5hifter

Stage 5

Member of:
[Moderators]
[Xtreme Club Emotion]
[DAEWOO]
[Toyota]
[Opel]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano98_R View Post
P.S. When i agreed with you about the bonnet being able to be positioned a bit better i was reffering to the sides, but if you are talking about the top corners i raised them on purpose to allow heat to escape from the engine bay.
Well, I was reffering to the sides too, if you look at it straight from the front of the car, you wil certainly notice it's not symmetrically positioned.
The hood scoop actually follows the car's lines, but.... I think it's ugly just because I've seen it on many other cars.

Great car, great project! Keep us updated for every single screw!
quick_5hifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-09, 19:32   #39
Adriano98_R

Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick_5hifter View Post
Well, I was reffering to the sides too, if you look at it straight from the front of the car, you wil certainly notice it's not symmetrically positioned.
The hood scoop actually follows the car's lines, but.... I think it's ugly just because I've seen it on many other cars.

Great car, great project! Keep us updated for every single screw!
Yea you're quite right with the sides was just making sure you knew the story with the raised corners that they're like that on purpose.Gonna fiddle around with the fit during the week see can i get it to sit better.

Thanks again and i will do!
Old 21-07-09, 00:24   #40
Adriano98_R

Stage 3

Bit more weight reduction

Found that two of the hold in clips for the brake pads were missing so went ahead and made new ones

Old 21-07-09, 00:53   #41
fanete

Stage 5

Member of:
[Honda]

a bit more... more like, a bit less...

I believe that those 5 things didn't weight one kilo

cheers
fanete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-09, 14:38   #42
Adriano98_R

Stage 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanete View Post
a bit more... more like, a bit less...

I believe that those 5 things didn't weight one kilo

cheers
Ha ha Da ai dreptate nu ie mult,ieste in regiunea de un kilogram (no less) dar totul se aduna si contribuie Plus ca ajuta la racirea frinelor since the heat can escape and dissipate alot more efficiently now with the plates out of the way

Last edited by Adriano98_R; 21-07-09 at 14:46.
Old 21-07-09, 19:45   #43
fanete

Stage 5

Member of:
[Honda]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano98_R View Post
Ha ha Da ai dreptate nu ie mult,ieste in regiunea de un kilogram (no less) dar totul se aduna si contribuie Plus ca ajuta la racirea frinelor since the heat can escape and dissipate alot more efficiently now with the plates out of the way
mmmm ... yes , i think your right.

cheers
fanete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09, 07:59   #44
milad

Stage 5

Member of:
[Honda]

superb proiect....imi place mult, tin cont de faptul ca ai mai modificat si un EG6 care e masina mea de suflet :X ! cum a mai spus cineva de mai sus...u have my vote for Honda of the month..no doubt ....u will win 4 sure!
milad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-09, 13:04   #45
Dragosh`
Honda Driver

Stage 4

Member of:
[Honda]

Heheh si eu le-am dat jos acu o sapt ai dreptate se face racirea mai bn
Dragosh` is offline   Reply With Quote

- Copyright 2024 4Tuning -