Go Back   Forum 4Tuning > Masini & Tuning > MASINA MEA > HONDA - ACURA > Alte discutii Honda - Acura

Old 24-02-09, 09:25   #1
Achim
Dream Squad Member

Stage 5

Member of:
[PARTICIPANT CURSE]
[Dream Squad]
[Honda]
Thumbs down Honda S2000 electric

Man Builds His Own Electric Honda S2000 In Garage

Would you ditch the Honda S2000's F20C for an electric motor and batteries? That's exactly what Brian did and, for our edification and amusement, he documented the entire build process along the way.

Brian's logic behind the project:

I've been wanting to do an EV conversion for awhile but never committed to anything. The ever increasing gas prices and some research pushed me into realizing this isn't that crazy of an idea. I was originally thinking of selling my car and buying something even more economical but the car already got 26mpg commuting to work. So even doubling my mileage just didn't make up for the cost of a new prius for example vs how much it would cost to convert my current car and how quickly I could recoup that investment.

I currently spend a mimimum of $300/month just to get to work assuming I don't drive anywhere else. Cutting that cost in half with a prius 20-30k would take awhile to pay for itself. The conversion I've estimated at around 6k. Montly costs being about $30 in electricity. So in theory I can recoup this investment in a of couple years. Not bad compared to the 10+ years for the Prius purchase. Now we know gas prices will continue to raise so it would actually pay for itself in less than that amount of time but not needing gas at all is the real solution and it's just cool!

He started by removing the stock S2000 F20C powertrain, transmission, rear axle assembly and all accompanying electronics. He then sourced an electric motor capable of powering the little Honda roadster, specifically a dual-shaft Advanced DC FB1-4001A capable of operating between 72 and 144 volts. His goal was to run at the maximum capacity of 144 volts and will do so with 45 160Ah lithium-ion batteries, 30 cells under hood and 15 cells with a battery monitoring system mounted in the trunk

We'll let Brian explain all of the extreme techno mumbo-jumbo in his blog, but take a peak below at his first drive of the recently finished electric Honda S2000.

YouTube - S2000 Electric Vehicle First Drive
Achim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-09, 13:46   #2
sKyNeT

Stage 5

Member of:
[Honda]
[NoSpeedLimit Romania Club]
Default Re: Honda S2000 electric

daca-mi da mie f20c`u il iert
sKyNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-09, 14:02   #3
yulasinio
Honda Driver

Stage 5

Member of:
[4Tuning International]
[Honda]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKyNeT View Post
daca-mi da mie f20c`u il iert
Asa am zis si eu ii platesc eu curentul pe o luna
F20 + EG6= RWD mofo asta ar fi o conversie nebuna
yulasinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 14:03   #4
Achim
Dream Squad Member

Stage 5

Member of:
[PARTICIPANT CURSE]
[Dream Squad]
[Honda]

asta e deja vis
Achim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 16:51   #5
yulasinio
Honda Driver

Stage 5

Member of:
[4Tuning International]
[Honda]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achim View Post
asta e deja vis
Cu sculele necesare si cu banii potriviti e realizabila treaba
yulasinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-09, 22:31   #6
sKyNeT

Stage 5

Member of:
[Honda]
[NoSpeedLimit Romania Club]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulasinio View Post
Cu sculele necesare si cu banii potriviti e realizabila treaba
ce nu poti sa faci in ziua de ai cu bani...uite de ex la omul asta, s2000 electric, ca-mi vine sa sparg monitorul acum
sKyNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
- Copyright 2024 4Tuning -