Go Back   Forum 4Tuning > Masini & Tuning > MASINA MEA > HONDA - ACURA > Zona tehnica Honda - Acura

Old 29-06-09, 12:59   #1
yulasinio
Honda Driver

Stage 5

Member of:
[4Tuning International]
[Honda]
Default HOW TO: Install S2k start button

Dupa ce am montat butonul pe masina am facut un write-up la pasi care i-am urmat. Scuze dar l-am facut in engleza pt itr-dc2.com. E cam la fel si pt civicuri, del sol, crx.....

So here we go...
Parts required:

S2k start button: part# 35881-S2A-911
Floppy drive plug with wires
30A relay
10 gauge wire
18 gauge wire
Electric connectors
Heat Shrinkable Tubing
Electric tape

Tools
Soldering iron
Connector crimps
Screwdrivers and a 10mm spanner/socket

For connection i used the diagram below

I choose to fit the button on the left side of the steering wheel so i have to extend the wires from the floppy drive connector

Now remove the trim around the cluster, the cluster and the panel underneath the steering wheel and start route the wires

Plug out

I use the dash harnes to route my wires so will be nice and neat

Now the fun part begins, crimp the connector to the cables and use another piece of wire from the ground wire so u can attach it to the chassis. The yellow wire goes to #86 on the relay, ground wire #85 from relay and red wire to fuse box.

Above the fusses the are 4 spare plugs, connect red wire from the switch to #1 position (Accessory spare plug)

Now find a place to attach the relay, i put mine i front of the Main relay

and connect the ground wire to chassis

Now remove the plug from the ignition harness (above the fuse box)

Remove the white plastic from the plug and take out the Black/White* wire. It's a bit tricky but you'll manage in the end.

*This is the crank wire, if you still want to use the key to start the car then tap the #87 wire from relay to this wire.

Now attach the #87 wire from relay in to the plug and fit the plastic bit back. ( the connector that i had was a bit small but i played around with it and manage to get it work)

put the plug back

Now is only one wire left, connect #30 from relay to plug 4 above fusses (battery spare plug)

Few random shots

and test it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1_LaPMpMM

Now put all the trim back and enjoy your work