Go Back   Forum 4Tuning > Hobby & Pasiuni Comune > PC Games - HARDWARE - Console

PC Games - HARDWARE - Console PC Games - HARDWARE - Console

Old 22-08-12, 15:37   #1
androidonefan

Stock

Default Finding a 9.7 inch tablet PC for Light users...

Hello,

I'm a newbie who would greatly appreciate some help!

I've been an android phone user for some time, and my laptop is aging so am realising that I need something portable to take round that can take the bumps of daily life if I want to keep the laptop running for some time to come. I figured a tablet was the way to go, and I'll want to use it for browsing, pdf viewing, streaming netflix sometimes and the occasional game, but nothing too graphic intensive (the ubiquitous Angry Birds and Stick Cricket are my current favourites on my phone).

Initially I was thinking the Ainol Novo 7 Flame would be the way to go, but I already have an HTC One S and figure the Aurora's screen isn't that much bigger so I would probably still be turning to my laptop for general browsing etc. If this isn't the case, and 7" generally suffices, please let me know...

The two, then, that I came down upon were the ones the OP also did: the Zenithink C91 and the Yuandao N90 II. With a pretty small price difference, it seems clear that I should go with the N90 as it's dual core and has an IPS screen. On the other hand, it seems that Zenithink is a much more reputable company, and gives more support etc. I'm also aware that although the N90 has much higher specs, maybe what the way I'll use it won't actually need the extra power/be impacted by it at all. Also, I don't seem to find a dedicated place for discussion here around the N90, so figure that the C91 is maybe a safer bet as there is a bigger community around it. I would love to understand android-related things a lot more, and have been poking about here for a few days to try to get to grips with rooting, ROMs and so forth. I think I'd be able to manage, but this is also a consideration for me if one would require much more tinkering.

I'm finding it really difficult to choose between the two, and was wondering whether anyone had any input that might be of help in my decision? While they are both relatively cheap tablets, I realise, it's still a sizable purchase for me, so I want to get it right and can't really afford to buy one only for it to fail after a short period of time. Ideally, I'd like to keep it going for at least a few years.

Thanks in advance for any help and expertise that you could offer me!
androidonefan is offline   Reply With Quote
- Copyright 2024 4Tuning -